Sunday 24 January 2010

Meringues




My life is complete now I have a new kitchen aid! Its all white and shiny so thought I'd make something white and shiny! Tested it out on meringues... add fresh cream and raspberries - heaven.

I go by the general rule of 60g of caster sugar to every 1 egg white.. use pasteurised egg white if for pregnant ladies or children. For mini meringues...
  1. Turn oven onto 180C
  2. Whisk egg whites in a really clean bowl until white and frothy
  3. Add sugar a little shake at a time
  4. Keep whisking high speed until glossy and stiff
  5. Spatula out into a piping bag (I use a jug for an extra hand)
  6. Pipe out onto a baking sheet (I spray mine lightly with bake spray)
  7. Turn oven down and Bake on 140C for 15 minutes and then switch your oven off and leave to dry overnight.
Best thing about meringues is they will keep for a long time in an airtight box ;)

No comments: