Saturday 13 March 2010

Macarons - Peppermint, Lemon and Rose

There is a difference between Macarons and Macaroons!


Macaron - The little french meringue and almond type biscuits that are sandwiched together with a buttercream, making a bit of a comeback of late.

Macaroon - Those coconut and condensed milk chewy things your nan would make (well mine did, and I think she would push a glace cherry in the top to finish!)









Although they were delicious, they were not as smooth as I would like. This is because I am lazy and didn't whizz up the ground almonds in a food processor. Most patisseries use almond flour and I think using this would be no fail - not sure where I can find that though!


3 comments:

Hannah said...

You need this book in your life.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/I-Love-Macarons-Hisako-Ogita/dp/0811868710/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1268489465&sr=8-1

I got it for Christmas from Conor and it's amazing - very precise recipes with step-by-step photos, and lots of ideas for flavours and variations.

A must have.

x

Pep Cougar said...

so glad you put these up here! They look amazing, I might just have to try to make them too!

Milli said...

Hannah, how funny, I ordered that book yesterday! I was ordering your Bourke St Bakery one and it came up as a recommendation!

Pep, I will be trying out new recipes and will be sure to put one up that works well x