Thursday 11 November 2010

Chocolate Torte

Today has been miserable :( But there are 4 things that have cheered me up..


1. Got an exciting catering job coming up  
2. my cakes were on the Apprentice last night!
3. There is chocolate torte in the house 
4. I'm going to Spain on Monday 


So back to number 3...Chocolate isn't always my first choice but when it is pouring it down outside and I've a cup of tea in my hand and a long list of things to do, it suits me just fine! 

250g dark chocolate
250g unsalted butter
6 eggs
125g caster sugar
50g almonds
pinch of salt
1 tsp of vanilla paste



Beat egg yolks with sugar until pale and fluffy. Pour into cooled melted chocolate and butter.
 Add ground almonds, a pinch of salt and vanilla and stir through.
 Whisk egg whites until soft peak stage and stir in a third thoroughly.
 Now use a large metal spoon to lightly fold in the rest of the egg whites until just combined.

 Pour into a lined and greased 23cm tin and bake for 25-30 minutes on 170C fan
 Leave to cool in tin, then dust with cocoa and serve with whatever you like! I like mine with Kirsch cherries and creme fraiche.Mmmm

No comments: