Tuesday 26 April 2011

Herb crusted rack of lamb

Oh Easter weekend, where did you go all of a sudden? Wasn't the weather just beautiful, knowing our luck, that was our window of Summer and this morning it felt slammed shut. Oh and poor Will and Kate, looks like their wedding may be a wet one. Still, things to be happy about. I picked up my first asparagus bunch of the year this morning and yesterday Nick and I had the most incredible rack of lamb I got from a cute little butchers in Kew. 
 I didn't really have a plan for the lamb.... but I had a parsley pot I could butcher...and a bit of crusty white loaf left over from brunch..and some parmesan. So, add a little seasoning, a garlic clove and drizzle of olive oil and you've made yourself a wannabe crust. (I also added a teeny bit of lemon oil but I would have preferred a pinch of zest, but suppose u can do either)
 Season your lamb and then brown all over in a sizzling pan

 Pop in the oven for 10 minutes on 180C
 Meanwhile, start on your veg...
 Take out of oven,  brush with a little dijon mustard
 Press the meat into the crumbs to make a crust
 Stick back in oven for 15-20 mins(poor plant)
 Let rest for 10 minutes and then slice up and serve. If your lamb is pink and juicy you don't even need a sauce.


No comments: