Tuesday 2 September 2014

Rhino Cake


I know, I know.. I hadn't forgotten I had a blog, but I had just forgotten my log in details,so deserve a slap on the wrist. I think one thing I could blame my tardiness on, is Instagram. I just snap, upload, and it takes all of 3 seconds, no logging in required. Are you on it? Shall we follow each other? 
I'm @millitaylor. When this blog finally gets a makeover, I'll make a tab for it, along with a twitter (I'm @milliskitchen on that), and a blogroll. Small steps.
Anyway, thought I would share some pics of the Rhino cake that I made this weekend. My friend Hannah named him Ronnie and I grew quite attached to him and his sad eyes.
He was a yummy Victoria sponge inside and although I was tempted to make larger ears out of sugar paste, I made smaller ones out of fondant so that someone could eat them.

I got him wading in a lake, I grew conscious after a couple of google image searches that it could end up looking like a poached Rhino if his head was in the grass :( 
DID YOU KNOW that a rhino's horn is not bone and isn't attached to it's skull? It's made of Keratin, the same stuff that our hair and nails are made up of. Wowzers (thanks for the fun fact, han) 
The ears are my favourite, what's your favourite bit? 

13 comments:

Han McCann said...

Ah Mills, so glad you put it on the blog, Ronnie looks absolutely incredible! haha love the Keratin fun fact x

Christmas Catering London said...

Amazing idea! This is the first time I saw a Rhino cake. Thank you for sharing this.

Kavey said...

I love rhinos... he's utterly incredible. I mean, truly, WOW!

nancycongdon said...

As opposed to all4webs.com/ offering prime subscription Visit here Tubi TV offers totally free to view all HD streams The summary of Download Tubi TV - Free Movies & TELEVISION 2.10.0 APK on Android/Roku devices. Tubi TV APK Xbox one also sustains to install Tubi TV Apk most Tubi TV current variation.

albertcarson said...

that are provided listed below. So, have a look at Mobdro APK Download those functions and also if you love the application Here you could download it today for your Download Mobdro COMPUTER following the below given actions.

Unknown said...

www0704
coach outlet
rockets jerseys
michael kors outlet
cheap jerseys
vans shoes
christian louboutin outlet
longchamp handbags
kd 10 elite
raptors jerseys
longchamp handbags













5689 said...

zzzzz2018.11.20
pandora jewelry
reebok outlet
hogan shoes
converse trainer
issey miyake
giuseppe zanotti
coach outlet
ralph lauren uk
hermes belt
kate spade outlet

yanmaneee said...

christian louboutin outlet
lebron 15
jordan shoes
balenciaga
off white jordan 1
michael kors handbags
yeezy shoes
off white nike
christian louboutin sale
chrome hearts

شركة تنظيف بجدة said...

I love a unicorn, it makes me feel strong when I look at it

الطارق للخدمات المنزلية said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
الطارق للخدمات المنزلية said...

افضل شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة فهي الشركة الاولي في تنظيف وتعقيم الخزانات بالحمدانية فيجب عليك ايضا القيام بتنظيف منزلك او المكان التي تسكن فيه من وقت الي اخر.

شركة صيانة مسابح بجدة.
تنظيف سجاد حي الحمدانية.
شركة لحام خزانات فيبر جلاس بجدة.
شركة تنظيف كنب بجدة
تنظيف مكيفات بجدة

tashan said...

Celine Dolabuy replica bags joy you could look here replica kipling bags high quality replica bags replica bags reddit

kareeem said...


شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة نقل عفش بجدة
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض